Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Water Bearer

Over the past couple of weekends we have taken some really nice Sunday drives and I have had the opportunity to take a lot of digital photos. One stop was at a wonderful winery in Sonoma County and I took a picture of the side of a beautiful old building ( well, a new building) that looks like old Tuscany, complete with shutters, statues and vines. I used this photo as the background for this piece and added an old vintage image that seemed to look a part of this scene. I also added some vases, stone medallions and a bit of greenery. I really liked how the reflection in the window from the surrounding grounds was picked up naturally.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful, nice to be able to get out and take great pics.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! This is gorgeous. The reflection in the window is a great addition, but I was even more fascinated by your treatment of the open shutter. So transparent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb! Your digital art is breathtaking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really good, mixin old and new is great and i have this crush on windows too,lol!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've married the old with the new masterfully, Lori! Gorgeous work, once again! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nostalgic for me since I go to Italy often. You did a great job in recreating the feel and atmosphere of Tuscany.

    ReplyDelete
  7. un petit air de grandes vacances à la campagne ! très reposant!
    Bravo Lori !
    mary.kg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori,
    Nice to see you here and on my blog - I think this is a beautiful gentle collage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is positively amazing Lori! I love everything about it. The northern part of our state holds such incredible beauty. I love Sonoma & Napa counties sooo much. Have you been to the DiRosa preserve in Napa? That's one of my favorite outings when I am in the area. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lori! This is a beautiful collage.

    ReplyDelete