Thursday, March 19, 2009

Learning Photoshop

I recently downloaded the trial version of Photoshop 7 and am entering a whole new world. Total beginner but am amazed at what you can do with your photos with special effects. I used inverted layers for this photo of a garden fairy I took recently.
This is a collage I made with about 4 different photos , one as a background and then added cropped and altered images from other photos.

This is a photo I took of my son Aaron (on sax) and his bandmates playing outside a cafe in which I added a fresco mode, which gave it an impressionist poster-like appearance. I'm afraid I may need a course in "Layers" to try to understand it all but this medium is endless.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my article in Digital Studio. The work you posted here is fabulous! You are right; the medium is endless and it is so much fun to explore. : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got some great effects with your pictures. I have photoshop but am not at all confident in using it. I should do a class I think! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete