Thursday, February 12, 2009







February 12, 2009






My new camera. Wow! The world is growing larger and at the same time becoming smaller. Photographing my art and life around me has become vivid in the detail of things. I find that close-ups now possible with the new digital cameras are a world and artform in themselves. I know that it is usually better to look at the (whole) picture but isn't the whole made up of the many small parts? Work that you have been viewing for years suddenly looks new and fresh and takes on a new perspective. Through the camera the life of an artwork extends beyond it's original statement and becomes more. I've discovered that taking pictures is a lot more than just photo-recording . You really become intimate with the object you're focusing on and the search for the best presentation is in itself a very creative process. Our eyes naturally compliment what we see, filling in peripheral, light and color, but when we try to re-create through photography, we sometimes need to embellish or take away elements.

2 comments:

  1. Lori,
    This is a tremendous and beautiful site. You should be proud. I didn't realize you had kept up so much with your art. You are blessed with wonderful talent and I'm so glad you're sharing it.
    Love to you,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete